Skip to content
- Trim the wick to 1/4 inch (break off burned part) each time the candle is lit. This helps prevent the flame from getting too large and helps your candle to last longer.
- It is very important to break off the burned part of a wooden wick before lighting. Many times they will not stay lit if you don't.
- Keep lit candles away from drafts, ceiling fans, and any air currents. This will help your candle to last longer.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended. Extinguish all candles when you leave a room or before going to sleep.
- Follow the 2-foot rule: don't place a burning candle near clothing, books, curtains or anything flammable.
- Place candles on a stable, heat-resistant surface.
- A candle should not be burned for more than four hours at a time.
- Don’t burn a candle all the way down. For a margin of safety, discontinue burning a candle when 1/2 inch of wax remains in the container.